5.24.2010

the cheat

image source: hothair.co.uk
Summer for me, as well as many others, has always been a time for reinvention. Some people like to buy themselves a whole new wardrobe, others decide to cover their bodies with ornate tattoos and piercings. I personally like to play around with the cut and color of my hair. Much to my mom's dismay, I started experimenting with dye when I was around nine years old and even before then with scissors. First I went for chunky bleached streaks with a "mushroom bob," then I tried working my way through Punky's rainbow of dyes until I got a detention for having blue streaks at my private school. In the beginning of high school, I kept my hair long with tints of burgundy and fried it to a crisp every morning with my straightener. When I graduated, I decided to chop it all off and donated it to Locks of Lovesomething I encourage all you long-haired ladies (and gents) out there to try some day! To donate, your hair must meet these guidelines.

This time around, I'm aiming for a cut that can complement my bone structure and simultaneously be fashion forward yet work appropriate. Then there's also friends and family members who just love to be critics (don't worry, I'm guilty of this too) and that I can't help but want to please. Deciding with all of these conditions in mind can be tiresome and is enough to make me want to cheat. Sometimes I can't help but think that throwing on a wig every morning might just be the best option. But accidents do happen, and with my luck, I'd probably lose my hairpiece in some extremely embarrassing situation.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Would you put up with a bad haircut or opt for faux locks with the chance they might fall out?

Photobucket

Photobucket

OTHER USEFUL LINKS:

>> CELEBRITY STYLE CLIP IN BANGS

>> HAIR EXTENSIONS, FULL WIGS, PARTIAL WIGS

No comments:

 
FIND ME ON POLYVORE