6.09.2010

forever21 recycles! you should too

Photobucket
Photobucket
Just thought this was funny...

My sister and I have been trading this dress back and forth for a while now and our auntie hates it. Why? Well, because it's really her nightgown from the 1980's! I dug it out of her closet a few years ago, threw a turtleneck over it, hiked it up a bit, then called it a day. I've been styling it similarly ever since. Last fall, I paired it with beige tights and suede boots and when my sister came home for Christmas break, she wore it with a longer orange sweater, military jacket, and mid-calf boots.

I don't know what attracted me to it in the first place, but I do remember my aunt being a little confused. When I asked if I could have it, she first said no because it was an old rag that she never got around to tossing out. I managed to save it though and I'm glad I did because it looks like over a decade later her Mervyn's nightie has been resurrected in this new Forever21 Knit Rose Blossom Dress. Can't wait to show her!

2 comments:

Fashion Cappuccino said...

It's a good thing that you save it because it's a lovely print!! I'm sure your aunt will be delighted when she finds out! xoxoxoxoo

Anonymous said...

I saw a plaid dress at Forever 21 recently that looks JUST like a dress that my mother is wearing in a bunch of my baby pictures from the 80s.

 
FIND ME ON POLYVORE